Karen Møller started as Lecturer and Language Program Coordinator in the UC Berkeley Department of Scandinavian in 1991 and retired July 1, 2021, exactly 30 years later.(more…)
The Department of Scandinavian presents its Fall 2015 series of lectures.
All talks are held in 6415 Dwinelle at 4:30pm unless otherwise noted, with a reception to follow. More information to be announced; details are subject to change. Each event will be published on this website and the UC Berkeley Calendar of Events with expanded details.
- Monday, September 14: Per Thomas Andersen, University of Oslo. “After Honor: From Egil Skallagrimsson to Karl Ove Knausgaard”
- Monday, October 5: Tony Sorensen, IT University of Copenhagen. “Narrative Aspects of Svend Aage Madsen’s Mange soere ting for”
- Friday, October 23: Elsebeth Welander-Berggren.“Swedish Art at the World Fair 1915”
- Monday, November 2: Torsten Bogh Thomsen, University of Southern Denmark. “Flydende Noiagratin: Co-Misanthropy and Climate-Melancholia in New Danish Poetry”
- Monday, November 16: Elisabeth Oxfeldt, University of Oslo. “Scandinavian Narratives of Guilt and Privilege in an Age of Globalization”
- Friday, December 4: Farnaz Arbabi and Athena Farrokhzad, “Migration, Racism, and Revolution in Contemporary Swedish Literature and Theater” 370 Dwinelle Hall, 4:30pm.
Contact email@example.com or (510)642-4484 with questions.